Memorandum concerning transfer of JP domain name registration management work
Japan Network Information Center (JPNIC) and shares
Company Japan registry service (hereinafter referred to as JPRS) is responsible for registration of JP domain name
Make a memorandum of understanding regarding transfer as follows.
Article 1 (Purpose)
This Memorandum is a contract to transfer JP domain name registration management work from JPNIC to JPRS (hereinafter referred to as "
Conclusion of "transfer agreement") and JPRS signs ccTLD sponsorship agreement with ICANN
With respect to that, JPNIC and JPRS aim to show the agreement on mutual cooperation
Article 2 (transfer agreement)
The details of the transfer other than those stipulated in this memorandum shall be determined with a transfer agreement,
It is effective when all the conditions are satisfied.
1. concluded ccTLD sponsor agreement between ICANN and JPRS
2. Completion of procedures required by JPNIC for transfer
3. Special resolutions at the JPRS shareholders meeting
4. Other conditions defined by JPNIC and JPRS
Article 3 (Transfer subject)
Transfer target by transfer agreement is JP domain name registration management work.
Article 4 (transfer schedule)
JPNIC and JPRS agreed to set the target dates for the transfer based on this memorandum as follows,
And agree to make such changes after consultation by JPNIC and JPRS.
1. Conclusion of contract: mid-January 2002
2. Transfer date (JPRS business start date through transfer): April 1, 2002
Article 5 (Definitions)
In this memorandum, the following definitions apply.
1. "JPNIC", where JPNIC (Japan Network Information Center) is Japan
It is a network information center.
2. "JPRS", where JPRS (Japan Registry Service) is Japan Registry Resource, Inc.
It is a screw.
3. "ICANN", where ICANN is the non-profit corporation of California State, USA
Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers.
4. "Government Authority", where Governmental Authority is the ICANN Government Advisory Committee
Government-supported duties prescribed as representative of the Japanese government to the Governmental Advisory Committee
It is a station.
Article 6 (Liability of JPRS)
1. JPRS recognizes that JP domain name registration management work has public nature, and Japanese inter
It aims to contribute to the sound development of the Internet community, and
Register JP domain name registration management work so as to contribute to the development of the Internet community
2. JPRS ensures the public nature of JP domain name registration management work, so JPRS has "JP
Domain Name Advisory Committee "shall be established.
3. JPRS, in order to ensure the public nature of JP domain name registration management work, JPNIC and government
I agree to comply with the procedures set forth in Article 7, which shall be done jointly by the Bureau.
4. JPRS adopts the JP domain name dispute resolution policy formulated by JPNIC, and the dispute disposer
5. JPRS conducts JP domain name registration management work based on a public interest trust, and JP domain
I do not claim property rights on the in itself.
6. JPRS is a policy based on a sponsor contract concerning JP domain name registration management with ICANN
I must comply with.
7. JPRS makes the position as the delegate of the JP domain name registrar delegated from ICANN the third
Do not move to a person.
8.JPRS warrants that you have the technical qualifications required by ICANN and notifies to ICANN that effect
Without knowing, part or all of the technical operation of the ccTLD registry was subcontracted
It can not be made about.
9. A place to subcontract technical operation of cccTLD registry or ccTLD operation / management function
In contrast, in the subcontracting agreement, the delegation itself is the exercise of the right belonging to the public and is not the property right
There is a need to clarify that there is nothing.
10. JPRS contracts with the escrow agent approved pursuant to Article 7, paragraph 7,
We deposit the street data.
11. Until JPRS is determined to re-transfer under the procedure prescribed in Article 7, paragraph 6, JPRS
Main name Register management work.
12. JPRS will transfer all relevant registry data if it is specified again
13. JPRS, in carrying out the registration and management work of the JP domain name, is subject to relevant Japanese domestic laws and regulations
Comply with international laws and international treaties.
14. The matters from paragraphs 1 to 13 of this Article shall be such that JPRS will transfer its headquarters outside Japan
It also applies to.
Article 7 (Guarantee of public nature of JP domain name)
1.JPRS concerns the JP Domain Name Advisory Committee's report and the corresponding response of JPRS
I will report to JPNIC from time to time. JPNIC promptly notifies the government authorities
Will be reported.
2.JPRS concerns the contents stipulated by consultation with JPNIC regarding financial and accounting etc.,
Report at least annually to JPNIC. JPNIC will promptly address government authorities
Then report it.
3.JPNIC and the government authorities, according to the request from either side, JPRS prescribes in Article 6
Where mutual consultation is made as to whether they are in violation of responsible matter, when judging that there is a violation
Recommend improvements to JPRS.
4. The recommendation set forth in the preceding paragraph is due to a serious breach of the responsibility matter stipulated in Article 6, JPRS
If it is not corrected without just cause, JPNIC and the government authorities will consult with each other,
Notify JPRS of written notice of retransfer.
5. If JPRS does not correct it without justifiable reason within a valid period after receiving the advance notice of the preceding paragraph
In the meantime, JPNIC and the government authorities will negotiate with each other and decide to transfer again.
6. When JPRS becomes bankrupt or incompetent, or it is determined again in accordance with the preceding paragraph
JPNIC and the government authorities will negotiate with each other and decide on a new transfer destination.
7. JPNIC and the government authorities should approve approval for the escrow agent to which JPRS contracts
. The escrow agent, if it is decided by the preceding paragraph to be redelivered,
Transfer the registry data to the transfer destination.
Article 8 (Expenses required for transfer)
Regarding transfer, when expenses arise, a fair method determined by JPNIC and JPRS negotiating
, Payment method and payment terms are determined.
Article 9 (Governing Law)
This memorandum is dominated by Japanese law and interpreted.
Article 10 (Language)
About this Memorandum When creating documents using languages ??other than Japanese, it was written in Japanese
The document has the final binding force.
November 9, 2001
2-3-4 Uchinjida, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Kokusai International Building 6F
Japan Network Information Center
Jun Murai, Chairman
1-2 Kanda Ogawa-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Fengodou building 3F
Japan Registry Service Co., Ltd.
President and Representative Director Yuki Higashida